Saturday 30 June 2007

Works in Progress

The Gelati Quilt

I've been playing around with my hand-dyed fabrics and this is the result. I still have to add the blue borders and decide how to quilt it. Without the borders it measures 60 inches square. As usual my youngest daughter has put her name on this quilt.





The Op-Shop Quilt

I found this little quilt in one of the local op-shops. It had been sandwiched & pinned. The backing fabric was faded and it had a poly batting so I pulled it apart, found a new backing and cotton wadding. It is 95% quilted but I ran out of the thread I was using in the bobbin and I'm waiting for some more to arrive in the mail. None of the lqs had it in stock.

3 comments:

Helen said...

The gelati quilt is very effective and well done for rescuing the other one!

Shelina said...

The gelati quilt is great - I like all the bright colors - very festive!

Ali Honey said...

Your hand dyed fabric looks wonderful in that quilt. Yummy colours!