Sunday 28 March 2010

Black and White Quilts

At the beginning of March 2008 I decided to make a black and white hexagon quilt. It has taken me 2 years to complete. It took ages to decide what colour to use as a background, finally decide on the yellow/mustard colour and I'm pleased I did.

The quilt is hand pieced, machined quilted and measures 74.5 x 63 inches (189 x 160 cm).

The second quilt in the B & W series is this QAYG (quilt as you go). The pattern is by  Monica Poole I do like her designs, the instructions were clear and easy to follow (even if I did change them slightly).

I used bright fat quarters to piece the backing.

The completed quilt measures 60 x 80  inches (152 x 203 cm).





This quilt and the next one are my current projects (along with the quilt from the previous post).  All 3 are in need of borders. 





I have a red, white, black and grey stripe for the borders on this quilt. I bought the fabric for another B & W quilt (haven't taken a picture of that one yet) then decided the red was the wrong colour.






My challenge quilt that is due at the end of the month is completed but you will have to wait until the 31 March before I can post a picture. The challenge was 'Flora' not flowers. I wonder what everyone has come up with this time???

No comments: