Sunday 3 February 2013

Dreaming In Colour - A Self Portrait

Our latest challenge 'A Self Portrait'  with Art Quilts Around the World was revealed on January 31st.

 I knew nearly straight away what I wanted to do, unfortunately after selecting,cutting up and sticking down what seemed like hundreds of different coloured 3/4 inch squares I didn't like the result.



The background of this picture is my design layout, I have a habit of drawing all my ideas over the previous ones, can be rather messy at times.

So with a slight design alteration here I am:

I had a brainwave (pardon the pun) and cut new 1/4 inch squares, all different fabrics (106 of them) and vliesofixed them to the silhouette.
.
Methods used:
Free motion stitching, raw edge applique and a little gold paint for the stars.
 
Our next challenge is titled CARNIVAL and I've already started collecting bits and pieces of bling to use.

No comments: