Monday 12 January 2009

2009 - Already!! Happy New New

I can't believe that it is already the 12th of January. Belated Happy New Year greetings to everyone.

We have had a hectic start to the year with both a wedding and funeral last week. Husband's aunt passed away at the age of 96. We travelled up to Swan Hill for the funeral, it's a six hour trip from here so we stayed overnight and caught up with family the next day.



We had a picnic lunch on the river bank. I managed to get sunburned for the first time in years. I though that I was sitting in the shade all the time.I thought the flowers on this tree looked lovely but I have no idea what they are called.

The picture below is what the countryside is like away from the river.


.

2 comments:

Carol E. said...

Wow, it's looking dry! Are you still in a drought?

Babs Banter/QUILTECH said...

My grandson and family moved to Australia in November - to Aroona on Sunshine Coast. Are you anywhere near?

Not much to see on my Blog at moment - illness in family keeping me fully occupied - hospitals and suchlike. Like the look of yours - interesting pictures etc make me feel a tad closer to Stuart.