Tuesday 9 October 2007

A Work in Progress (or a UFO?)

After my recent tidy of the stash and finding all these WIP's (works in progress) that some would call UFO's I decided that I should attempt to finish some of them.

This quilt dates back to 2003 when I was in a row by row swap with an online group. When it came home I wasn't sure what to do with it so the rows have been waiting patiently for me to be inspired.

I cut the pansy row into 3 blocks, bordered them and all the other rows with a mottled dark green and this is the result so far. Sorry you can't see the pansies in the top row very well, I couldn't take a picture of the quilt hanging as the top & bottom rows aren't joined yet.

I might just have enough of the cream background fabric for the side borders if not I'll just bind it as is with the dark green.

Thanks to all who have left comments, makes me feel that I'm not talking to myself.

10 comments:

Natalie Australia said...

Sue I did the poppy row for you nice to see it together. My quilt is ready to quilt when I get time.Natalie

loulee said...

Hi, I'm new to our blog, and was just stopping by to say how much I like the pansy block! Natalie you did a lovely job. What you've done with the blocks looks good.
I've enjoyed reading your blog and will be back for more. :-)

Sue said...

Natalie, I'd love to see what your quilt is like. I've saved all the labels everyone made and will applique them to the back of the quilt over the maker's rows.

loulee1, nice to meet you!

dot said...

What I can see of the quilt it looks nice. I like the lay out and very soft quilt. It will be wonderful when completed.

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

That is just lovely!!!
I'm new to your blog. Just wanted to de-luck. Have a great day!!
dawn

Birdydownunder said...

what a great way to put it together.

floribunda said...

lovely design! what a clever way to use those rows...

Marilyn Robertson said...

Your row by row quilt is beautiful! Sometimes I think projects as well as fabric has to "age" in order to be just want we wanted.

Lissa Jane said...

Looks great Sue
and must be liberating to get something out of the stash of UFO's and finish it (well almost finish it)..

Lissa

Rose Marie said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do with these blocks!